What is Alkaline Water
The most basic definition of alkaline water is any water that has a higher pH level than 7. There are several ways to make alkaline water.As with most things in life, optimal health begins with balance. Our bodies must maintain a pH balance of 7.3, which is slightly alkaline. A pH scale is used to determine whether a substance is acidic or alkaline. On this scale 7.0 is neutral. Anything above 7 is considered alkaline and anything below 7 is considered acidic.
By choosing to drink alkaline water, you aid your body in returning to a balanced state. Filpure Water is a fresh, clean, and great-tasting way to maintain optimal health!
- Natural alkaline water is water with alkaline minerals dissolved in the water. These include calcium, magnesium & potassium.
- Electronic alkaline water This water uses electric plates to concentrate the alkaline minerals ions.
Why Drink Alkaline Water
After 36 years and tens of thousands plus Filpure customers, we’ve been able to observe the effects of drinking alkaline water and eating alkaline food has had on thousands of people.
The stories are many and varied, but the facts, as shown in this summary of many scientific studies [for the details please see Alkaway website then go to learn then alkaline water summary then why drink alkaline water]in different countries, are that drinking alkaline water was shown to reduce a person’s susceptibility to major disease types, reduce their acid overload and enhance their longevity.
Alkaline Water and Fitness
Enhances energy levels and mental clarity.
Since the body receives better hydration from alkaline water, it can increase the bloodstream’s oxygen levels for better mental stamina, clarity, and concentration. The neuroprotective effects of drinking alkaline water provide the brain and nervous system with increased protection, alkaline water has played a major part in supporting successful athletes.
Alkaline Water and Health Benefits.
Most people don’t easily connect the water they drink with the health they experience. Over 100 different studies of this relationship demonstrate that the vast majority of worldwide studies concluded that alkaline water has a direct relationship with not just health (measured by the absence of major health challenges) and longevity. To summarize, people who drank alkaline water were reported to live longer and healthier than those who did not.
Increases pH for better hydration.
The human body is made up of up to 80% water. Our water filters turn normal tap water into mineralized alkaline water which greatly increases the body’s hydration. The higher pH of alkaline water not only neutralizes the body’s acidity but also keeps the body healthy.
Improves your immune system.
Alkaline water possesses detoxifying properties that can help eliminate toxic acids present in the body. This creates a strong barrier and immunity against many ailments like diabetes, high blood pressure, and acid reflux, while also resulting in less lethargy.
- Boosts your metabolism and energy levels.
- Reduces acidity in your bloodstream so your alkaline reserves (mainly calcium) don’t need to be stolen from your bones and cells.
- Alkaline waters have an anti-oxidant effect that’s best explained by Ray Kurzweil, author of Fantastic Voyage: Live Long Enough To Live Forever: “The negative ions in alkaline water are a rich source of electrons that can be donated to free radicals in the body, neutralizing them and stopping them from damaging healthy tissues.
- Help develop an environment where diseases cannot survive. Dr. Otto Warburg won the Nobel Prize for his discovery that “if our internal environment is changed from an acidic, oxygen-deprived environment to an alkaline environment full of oxygen, viruses, bacteria, and fungus cannot live.”
- How Do I Get Started? As with everything, you need to take a holistic approach. But the easiest step to take is to replace your drinking water with natural alkaline water. You need to drink water every day right? Switching to alkaline water can help flush out toxins while ordinary water may not have the same effect.
Is Alkaline right for you?
Alkaline Balance in the body? As with most things in life, optimal health begins with balance. Our bodies must maintain a pH balance of 7.3, which is slightly alkaline. A pH scale is used to determine whether a substance is acidic or alkaline. On this scale 7.0 is neutral. Anything above 7 is considered alkaline and anything below 7 is considered acidic.
What happens in the body? Because we’re waking up to the fact that our diet and lifestyle are now hugely tilted towards excess acid uptake. This happens in the forms of food, drink, food additives, stress – external, mental and metabolic – pollution .. the list expands almost monthly!
What happens in the body?
The body’s prime directive is to remain within a very narrow range of pH. If not, death soon follows.
When an imbalance occurs, the body does everything possible to immediately rebalance back to alkaline. To do this, it needs what is known as an alkaline buffer. Simply, this is a storehouse of alkaline minerals it can call on to neutralize the acid tide.
Unfortunately, most of modern man’s alkaline buffer has long gone, used up by the body to counteract the highly unnatural flood of acids. So the body does what it has to. It begins to pillage its own body for the vital alkalis. Think bones, organs.
Therefore may be supported by a continual replenishment of these vital alkaline minerals. It’s not possible to have too much Alkaline Water or supplement as the body manages its buffer levels and excesses will be eliminated via urination.
What are some other Benefits of Alkaline Water
- Fewer occurrences of headaches
- Weight Loss
- Stabilized Blood pressure
- Improvement in gout
- Increased energy
- Easy respiration
- Increased circulation and blood oxygen levels
- Increased energy
- Improved immune function – less frequent colds and flu
- Less throat irritation / Less mucus
- Eases stomach aches and intestinal discomfort
- Aids digestion
- Healthy heart function
- More stable and regular bowel movements
- Improved arthritis – decreased joint pain
- Decreased likelihood of developing chronic disease
Alkaline water helps combats acidosis and reduces the symptoms of acidosis including;
- Sleepiness / Fatigue
- Shortness of breath
- Coughing / Mucus
- Increased heart rate